Monday News/Links – We Want Big Macs!
Two games down, 80 to go. With every Blues fan still enjoying the sweep the Blues put on over Detroit in Sweden, here is your latest installment of News/Links about the team as well as from around the NHL. Read on to find out what 5 Blues goals and a ticket stub will get you this season (HINT: It’s not ice cream anymore).
- NEW PROMOTION. This year 5 goals at home + the ticket stub from the game nets you one free Big Mac at any St. Louis or Metro East McDonald’s. Fans have three days (starting the day following the game) to redeem their free Big Mac. I will say this, it should be easier (and more fun) to chant “Big Mac” as opposed to “Ice Cream”. More info can be found here.
- The sweep of Detroit has whipped local fans into a frenzy according to STLToday.
- Jeff Gordon looks at the first NHL weekend, and how the Blues have opened even more eyes.
- The Blues site gives you Direct Access with T.J. Oshie. Pictures and videos from his BlackBerry.
- Derek Armstrong has been placed on waivers according to Strickland.
- Brewer skated with the team in practice today according to Rutherford.
- Ben Bishop has been assigned to Peoria.
- Keith Tkachuk has been named one of the three stars of the week by NHL.com.
- Carolina’s Erik Cole is out four-to-six weeks with a broken leg.
- NHLPA held a marathon conference call Sunday.
- Blue Jackets place Commodore on the IR.
- NHL Power Rankings – Week 2 (Blues are fourth).
- More talk on the New York Islanders and the possibility of relocation.
- SI’s first impressions of the new season.
Other Sports News
- The baseball season has all but wrapped up, save one game between Detroit and Minnesota to determine who rounds out the AL side of things.
- The Rams suck. Next.
- Detroit’s Miguel Cabrera fought with his wife after coming home drunk. Police were involved. Probably not what he should be doing before Detroit’s win or go home game.
Video of the Week
Coming off an amazing weekend that saw Detroit put in their place, a classic video this week of Keith Tkachuk taking a run at Dominik Hasek. Some names of old in the commentary as well (Eastwood, Mellanby).