Monday News/Links – 8/31/09
The last day of August signals the closing of summer which means one thing – Fall is nearly here and so too is Blues hockey! Here is the latest installment of all things news concerning your St. Louis Blues and general news around the NHL, including a look into the Traverse City Prospect Tournament.
- The folks over at St. Louis Game Time provide a very, very good piece on the Traverse City Prospect Tournament. Team breakdowns as well as a close look at the team’s prospects.
- FANFEST! We love it, and it is returning this year on Saturday, September 19th between 3pm and 6pm prior to the Blues vs. Stars preseason game. Tickets start at just $10, and include a ticket to the preseason game as well as a chance to grab some autographs.
- NHLPA fires executive director Paul Kelly.
- Canucks sign Schneider, then are involved in a minor trade.
- Various teams are attempting to figure out if Dany Heatley is worth the risk. Please Lord, let this ordeal end.
- Alex Tanguay, is scheduled to take a physical on Tuesday, and if he passes will sign with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Netminder Mike Smith is eager to return to the crease.
- This is a great time to be a sports fan as baseball heads into the postseason, football kicks off, and hockey drops the puck at the start of October. Does it get any better than this?
Video of the Week
Our theme last week: People are Stupid (I’m looking at you Mr. Heatley). But sometimes, strange and odd things happen to regular people too, even NHL players. Watch and see something you likely haven’t seen before, a jersey get stuck in the glass.