Monday News/Links – 8/3/09
Another installment of the latest news surrounding the Blues as well as other rumblings from around the NHL.
- In case you missed it, Brendan Bell and Bryce Lampman are the latest acquisitions to join the club. Both are 26 years of age and should add depth to the defense.
- Not much else to report currently.
- Heatley to San Jose? (Will this story end soon … please?)
- Canuck Alex Burrows may face charges after striking a 19-year-old goaltender in the face with his stick.
- Jiri Hudler completes a two-year deal in Russia.
- ESPN asks if the Jay Bouwmeester deal will be a bust, along with 12 other questions to ponder.
- The summer’s biggest stories and backstories in soccer.
- The play of the newest Cardinal, Matt Holliday could result in a big payday.
- MLB trade deadline winner/losers.
Video of the Week
Last week saw us feature a unique wedding dance, but now on to something completely different. Like them or not, Coldplay’s new music video is an impressive thing to watch. Stop-motion photography complete with chalk drawings on a city street. No digital or computer manipulation of any kind. Very impressive art.