Support the Blues at the 2012 Central Division Tweet Up
If you’re unfamiliar with the idea of a Tweet Up it’s where people from Twitter come together and hang out with one another in person. It’s a way of forming real connections with your current virtual connections. This summer on July 28th, fans that support the five teams in the Central Division (St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, Columbus and Detroit) will gather in Columbus, Ohio for a chance to celebrate the sport and a chance to make new friends from around the country.
Since the event is scheduled for the 28th of July, the agenda is pretty tentative. However, below is a list of some of the fun that will be had.
- 12noon-4:30pm Central Division Tweetup/Fan Fest – Buffalo Wild Wings – Grandview
– Raffles all afternoon to benefit the five Central Division teams charitable Foundations
– NHL Alumni Assoc sending autographed memorabilia for raffle.
– Slap Shot Radio (Nashville) to do live broadcast from the Tweetup
– Music provided by Columbus Blue Jackets in-arena DJ, Nick Johnson
– We will also being showing videos from each of the teams Foundations
- 6pm – ??? The RBar (Arena District) – More raffles and casual festivities throughout the evening.
That’s just a sample of what’s in store. More details and information will be released as we draw closer to July.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend but I sincerely hope that the St. Louis Blues will have a decent showing in Columbus. Don’t use Twitter? No worries. The event is a chance for fans to come together, talk hockey and complain about how boring the summer months have been without their favorite team in action.
For more information, visit the Central Division Tweet Up Facebook page.