2009-10 Schedule Evaluation
The 2009-10 NHL schedule was released on Wednesday, and we finally have an idea of what to expect next season. As mostly everyone already knew, the Note opens the season in … Sweden. The Blues play two games abroad against none other than their rival Detroit. What a way to kick off the season, back-to-back with the Red Wings. If that is not enough to get you fired up for the upcoming year, the rest of the schedule can be found here.
- October 2nd and 3rd kick the year off for the Blues, with two games in Stockholm against Detroit.
- October 8th is the date for the St. Louis home opener against the Thrashers. Not the most exciting opponent, but who can complain about hockey returning to the STL?
- Oct. 20th, the Blues will face Sidney Crosby and the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
- Oct. 29 through Nov. 23 – The Blues will play nine of their 11 games at home.
- Feb. 13, the Note welcome Ovechkin and the Caps into St. Louis.
- The season concludes April 10th on the road in Nashville.
Also, don’t forget that the next edition of the Winter Classic will take place January 1st at Fenway Park and will feature the Bruins and Flyers.
Lastly, the NHL will take a break from their games for the Winter Olympics. The NHL will shut down after their games on Feb. 14th, and will resume March 1st.