Wednesday News/Links: 7/15/09
Catch up on all the latest news with this Wednesday edition of News/Links. Prospect camp has come and gone, while news around the NHL has been busy including one very upset Martin Havlat.
- The Blues have developed a winning formula – more than just about talent.
- Pro Orientation Camp scrimmage, Gold 5, Blue 3.
- Pang joins the Blues broadcast booth.
- In case you still haven’t seen it, Jack Combs scores a fantastic shootout goal. Also other thoughts from the Prospect Camp.
- Martin Havlat is not happy following the dismissal of Dale Tallon, former GM of the Blackhawks.
- Lemaire returns to coach New Jersey.
- Nash had no problem signing a long-term deal with Columbus.
- Lightning co-owner Len Barrie needs to have $10 million by Friday to prove he can still fund the team.
- Heatley saga rolls on , with Edmonton remaining an option as well as a return to Ottawa not out of the picture.
- A look at the remaining free agents on the market . Still some big names, and a few the Blues might be interested in.
Video of the Week
I am resisting the urge to put the Jack Comb’s goal up here again, so instead here is a compilation of some amazing goals that have occured prior to 2006. One fan believes it is the top-20 of all-time, but I think it is just a nice collection that is sure to make you replay it a few times and ask how they did that.
Please Note: I in no way think the horrific Iyzerman goal against Jon Casey is the “best” or even “good” as it was ugly and sad. Speaking of which, anyone hear from Casey lately? Or is he still in hiding?