Wednesday News/Links – 7/8/09
Catch up on all the latest news with this Wednesday edition of News/Links. The Blues have made a few moves as of late, and other news has developed around the NHL, including two noteable retirements.
- Defenseman Jeff Woywitka signs a two-year deal with Dallas.
- B.J. Crombeen and Hannu Toivonen re-signed.
- Erik Johnson and Alex Pietrangelo skate together and are both ready to go.
- Perhaps this should be filed under the Rumor Mill, but the Blues have been linked to a few names lately. The first being the Leaf’s Kaberle in the Toronto Star Paper. It is unclear where the Star found out the Blues might be involved, but reports on other sites say there has been no communication between Toronto and St. Louis.
- Several sites are reporting the Blues are interested in Alex Tanguay .
- Saku Koivu leaves Montreal to join Anaheim.
- Joe Sakic set to announce retirement after 20 NHL seasons.
- Chris Pronger signs seven-year extension in Philadelphia. The guy is 34. Wow.
- Kovalev joins the Senators.
Video of the Week
NHL 2010 is set to make a big splash in the video game market, following up the very successful NHL 09. Below is a quick trailer (1 minute) that shows a few of the new improvements and additions to the gameplay in this year’s edition.